Shenandoah shows summary

This blog is a display for my projects. I make models of carnival rides out of knex and pipe cleaners and a few other items. They rack (tear down) like the real rides. If you are viewing this site for the first time let me give you a tour. Below are posts. If your new you might of missed some, so scroll threw and back to see other projects. To the right, is a tab that says pages. Click that and it will take you to a list of pages, including carnival terminology, and youtube, as well as a few others. Enjoy and comment. P.S. if you comment, don't ask me for, or leave any personal info. I ask that you address me as Shenandoah shows, or idog0698. Thank you.
-Shenandoah shows.

Friday, August 29, 2014

It begins with a Z

I am working on a new ride. The first ride I am ever doing that has a color scheme based off my own design. Its a classic ride. Almost every midway has one.
The classic zipper was introduced to the carnival midway in 1968. Since this time over 200 have been built, and operate all over the world, making it one of the most mass produced modern day rides of all time. Its the standard to which all other thrill rides are measured. weighing in at 19 tons, the zipper is not out to impress its audience with any themes, its just pure mechanical chaos. And now Shenandoah shows is getting its own model of the classic midway staple. (thanks ride jocks YouTube channel for the info on the history of the zipper)

No comments:

Post a Comment